The Laborer performs a variety of tasks under close supervision of higher-level employees. These tasks may include assisting with extra workload, covering absences and vacations, and supplementing crews to meet unusual changes in the production area.
- Cleans and lubricates equipment, maintains a manufacturing area free from debris and dirt, and readies or puts away tools as assigned.
- Closely follows directions to operate machinery, hold or supply materials and tools, and load or unload items on machinery and assembly lines.
- Performs any unskilled job at the plant.
- Reports any issues to supervisor or higher-level employee.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to work in a variety of roles.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Job training for this position is provided by department trainer.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds, twisting and turning requirements at times.
- Manual dexterity as needed to operate a variety of machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and tolerate exposure to typical noises and noises associated with the plant.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location