Test and Inspect products at various stages of receiving, manufacturing, welding and assembly for conformance to engineering print, workmanship and other requirements. Abide by Van-Am’s Policies, Quality Management System and Safety requirements.
Credentials and Experience
§ High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; associates degree in related field preferred.
§ 1– 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment preferred; 1 year educational and/or on the job experience equivalent is required.
§ 1 – 5 years’ experience utilizing measuring equipment required including micrometers, calipers, depth gauges, gauge blocks, indicators, go/no go, tape measures, inside mic, etc. , 1 year education and/or on the job experience is required.
§ Familiarity with ISO 9001 and AS9100 is preferred.
§ Exposure to 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional print.
§ Must be fluent in the English language, both written and spoken, for communication with internal and external customers. Additional language abilities are a plus.
§ Must be able to perform calculations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complies with legal regulations and company policies.
- Interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, engineering documents and Van-Am travelers to ensure Van-Am and Customer quality and reliability standards are being met with accuracy, efficiency and effectivity.
- Select products for inspection and testing at specified stages of the manufacturing process and test the products for the required qualities, such as dimensions, performance, mechanical, or electrical characteristics.
- Record inspection and test data in accordance with the requirements, applying statistical quality management system procedures.
- Ensure products and documentation are inspected and maintained as required by the respective customer’s requirements.
- Coordinate with the Director of Quality required maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of inspection equipment.
- Initiate NCR for material or product suspected of a nonconforming condition, contact Director of Quality for action and disposition as required.
- Support Manufacturing Operations in daily operations, process improvements, organization, and cost reductions.
- Perform random inspections throughout the day at machines and receiving for verification of product conformity.
- Follow the company Policies, Quality Management System and Safety procedures and instructions.
- Ensure tools and equipment used for recording measurements are calibrated and maintained.
- Support the Quality Management System to assure compliance to quality, industrial and government standards and regulations.
Additional Responsibilities & Physical Requirements :
Performs other functions as necessary. Must be able to meet deadlines and maintain a balance between multiple projects; and fast-paced environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- No nights
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location