Operates welding equipment or assists in auxiliary functions (cleaning product, packaging product, etc.) to form materials that comply with customer requirements and meet productivity and efficiency rates. Operates other production equipment as needed for production including presses, lasers, and other machine shop equipment.
Credentials and Experience
· High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred, successful production employment history in a manufacturing environment may be substituted
· Past experience with MIG, TIG, robotic and hand welding required.
· Materials experience requires carbon, stainless and aluminum.
· Past welding fabrication experience of 6 months is required.
· Ability to be certified in the VanAm certified welder program(s). Requires a least one certification within 4 months of employment.
· Accuracy on mathematical calculations, read and utility fractions and decimals, ability to count and keep track of production numbers and apply logic to operations is mandatory including converting or using the metric system.
· Past experience with hand plasma and oxyethylene torch is preferred.
· Ability to read blueprints required
· Ability to use scale, dial calipers, micrometer required
· Ability to read work order instructions and carry out directions as necessary
· Ability to accurately enter data into computer system
· Demonstrated longevity in previous positions is required
Duties & Responsibilities
· Examines product for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws as instructed
· Measures completed product to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers
· Record quality check findings accurately
· Identifies problems or potential problems and notifies appropriate person (lead, supervisor, quality) in a timely manner.
· Works to minimize scrap by attention to product output on a continuous basis.
· Follows instructions on required scrap disposal methods.
Efficiency / Productivity
- Welds or performs work at a pace to maintain production and meet efficiency rates.
- Stays on task when working, minimizes personal and/or machine idle time or nonproductive work hours.
- Adheres to breaks and lunchtimes, is ready to begin production at the start of the shift and when returning from breaks and lunches. Commits to production through the end of the shift.
· Uses forklift to set and remove materials or other items if so licensed
· Organizes work to minimize downtime – calls for materials in time for changeouts/restocks so there is no machine down time, keeps track of quantities during production to minimize extra counting time.
· Manages oneself to actively seek out work in the event of a machine issue or quality issue.
· Assists productivity by being flexible in terms of work assignment including beyond welding duties.
· Actively seeks additional skills for adaptability.
Cleanliness – 5S
· Performs preventative maintenance and clean-up of machines as directed
· Keeps area clean and neat. Returns cleaning supplies and materials used in production to their identified home.
· Dedicates last 5 minutes of shift to final cleaning of press room as a whole regardless of personal area of work for the day.
· Read work orders or blueprints to determine and confirm materials required by traveler is material being utilized, product being produced is product ordered, specified tolerances and sequences of operations.
· Complete and turn in all paperwork and computer entry in an accurate, timely manner including but not limited to: labels, JobBOSS entries, scrap dispositions, proper labeling of partially used stock material, etc.
Safety Compliance & Policy Adherence
· Operates all machinery and equipment in a safe manner; conducts oneself in a safe manner (forklift speed, handling of cutting instruments, etc). Adheres to all safety policies and practices.
· Wears required protective equipment.
· Organizes area to minimize safety hazards to themselves or others.
- Adheres to and promotes company policies and procedures.
- Complies with company dress/uniform policy.
- Minimize attendance points, schedules time off in advance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Responsibilities & Physical Requirements :
Performs other functions as necessary. Must be able to meet deadlines and maintain a balance between multiple projects; fast-paced environment; and stressful circumstances.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Weekly day range:
- Day Shift, Weekend Shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Joseph, MO 64507: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location