Operates welding equipment or assists in auxiliary functions (cleaning product, packaging product, etc.) to form materials that comply with customer requirements and meet productivity and efficiency rates. Operates other production equipment as needed for production including presses, lasers, and other machine shop equipment.
Credentials and Experience
· Ensure correct fixtures, parts and finished goods containers are available as specified in work order by checking both part number and fixture number prior to set up.
· Set up fixtures and adjust as necessary to produce welded components.
· Load parts in fixtures and operate welding equipment for first part as specified in work order.
· Run Fanuc robotic welding machines and observing operation and weld integrity.
· Perform first piece inspection using specified instrumentation, submit first piece to quality department personnel if all dimensions and weld placement meets specifications, complete paperwork as required.
· Perform required part clean up including grinding or other finishing operations as specified on work order.
· Remove rough spots from parts using grinders and other tools
· Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
· Calculates and sets controls to regulate various machine factors
· Perform basic MIG and TIG welding techniques as needed.
· May require assistance of set up/operator for complex or diversified parts.
· Perform any other duties assigned to meet production demands.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Examines product for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws as instructed
· Measures completed product to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers
· Record quality check findings accurately
· Identifies problems or potential problems and notifies appropriate person (lead, supervisor, quality) in a timely manner.
· Works to minimize scrap by attention to product output on a continuous basis.
· Follows instructions on required scrap disposal methods.
Efficiency / Productivity
- Performs work at a pace to maintain production and meet efficiency rates.
- Stays on task when working, minimizes personal and/or machine idle time or nonproductive work hours.
- Adheres to breaks and lunchtimes, is ready to begin production at the start of the shift and when returning from breaks and lunches. Commits to production through the end of the shift.
· Uses forklift to set and remove materials or other items if so licensed
· Organizes work to minimize downtime – calls for materials in time for changeouts/restocks so there is no machine down time, keeps track of quantities during production to minimize extra counting time.
· Manages oneself to actively seek out work in the event of a machine issue or quality issue.
· Assists productivity by being flexible in terms of work assignment including beyond normal duties.
· Actively seeks additional skills for adaptability.
Cleanliness – 5S
· Performs preventative maintenance and clean-up of machines as directed or required.
· Keeps area clean and neat. Returns cleaning supplies and materials used in production to their identified home.
· Dedicates last 5 minutes of shift to final cleaning of press room as a whole regardless of personal area of work for the day.
· Read work orders or blueprints to determine and confirm materials required by traveler is material being utilized, product being produced is product ordered, specified tolerances and sequences of operations.
· Complete and turn in all paperwork and computer entry in an accurate, timely manner including but not limited to: labels, JobBOSS entries, scrap dispositions, proper labeling of partially used stock material, etc.
Safety Compliance & Policy Adherence
· Operates all machinery and equipment in a safe manner; conducts oneself in a safe manner (forklift speed, handling of cutting instruments, etc). Adheres to all safety policies and practices.
· Wears required protective equipment for all activities.
· Organizes area to minimize safety hazards to themselves or others.
- Adheres to and promotes company policies and procedures.
- Complies with company dress/uniform policy.
- Minimize attendance points, schedules time off in advance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Responsibilities & Physical Requirements :
Performs other functions as necessary. Must be able to meet deadlines and maintain a balance between multiple projects; fast-paced environment; and stressful circumstances.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Joseph, MO 64507: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location