For Customers: All orders and quotations are covered in Van-Am’s Terms and Conditions found below.
Van-Am Order & Quotation Terms and Conditions
For Suppliers: As a supplier to Van-Am Custom Manufacturing, it is understood that when accepting our purchase orders, your organization agrees to meet the following:
- Where required on the VanAm Custom Manufacturing Purchase Orders, its suppliers must use VanAm Custom Manufacturing.’s customer-approved special process sources.
- VanAm Custom Manufacturing is to be contacted (by the supplier) in the event of nonconforming product/material. Arrangements for the approval of supplier nonconforming product/material must be as directed by VanAm and approval must be given in writing.
- Furthermore, the supplier is required to notify VanAm Custom Manufacturing of any changes to a product and/or process and to obtain approval from VanAm when applicable.
- VanAm Custom Manufacturing, their customers, and regulatory authorities retain the right of access to all supplier facilities involved and to access all applicable records.
- All applicable customer/regulatory requirements for the supplier must flow-down to sub-tier suppliers (includes requirements in the purchasing documents and key characteristics where required). However, VanAm Custom Manufacturing does not allow its suppliers to subcontract any product or process to a sub-tier supplier without VanAm Custom Manufacturing’s expressed written consent.
- VanAm Custom Manufacturing performs inspection activities to ensure that purchased product meets purchase requirements. They may include:
- Receiving inspections (of supplier products / services / documents) may be / are performed by a designated employee. VanAm Custom Manufacturing verifies the authenticity of the appropriate certificate of conformity, material certificates, etc. and other accompanying documentation by review and comparison (as is appropriate) to the drawing and/or industry specifications or by other means. When necessary, VanAm Custom Manufacturing. may inspect or audit at the supplier’s facility.
- Furthermore, products are inspected to ensure they meet requirements (dimensions, etc.) and
the results are recorded (as appropriate). All special processes (anodizing, heat treat etc.) where
the compliance cannot be verified by inspections will require a Certificate of Conformity.
- When appropriate, VanAm Custom Manufacturing may delegate the inspection authority to one of its approved suppliers. VanAm Custom Manufacturing will communicate the inspection requirements (including approved monitoring and measurement equipment/methods) and VanAm Custom Manufacturing will maintain a record of those approved to carry out such inspections.
- When VanAm Custom Manufacturing (or its customer) intends to perform verification at the supplier’s premises, VanAm will first state the intended verification arrangements and the method of product release. This information will be communicated on the VanAm Custom Manufacturing Purchase Order or via another acceptable purchasing arrangement.
- Where specified in the contract, VanAm Custom Manufacturing’s customer or customer’s representative will be afforded the right to verify at the supplier’s premises and VanAm Custom Manufacturing’s premises that subcontracted product conforms to specified requirements. Verification by the customer is not used by VanAm Custom Manufacturing as evidence of effective control of quality by the supplier and shall not absolve VanAm or its supplier of the responsibility to provide acceptable product, nor shall it preclude subsequent rejection by the customer.
- To prevent the purchase of counterfeit or suspect/unapproved products and to ensure product identification and traceability (and for other reasons), VanAm Custom Manufacturing will institute controls that include the requirement of Material Certificates, Certificates of Conformity, and/or other supporting documentation from its suppliers as is appropriate. These requirements may be specified on VanAm’s Purchase Order or may otherwise be communicated to the supplier.
- Records are available for review by customers and regulatory authorities in accordance with contract or regulatory requirements. Records for purchases must be kept for 10 years.
- VanAm Custom Manufacturing expects 100% on time delivery. If the agreed upon delivery cannot be met, VanAm must be notified in advance. If VanAm’s annual supplier evaluation identifies a supplier with an on time delivery rate of 91% or less a corrective action can be issued.
- VanAm requires that products provided by its Approved Suppliers be correct and free of defect per the supplied Purchase Order. If VanAm’s annual supplier evaluation identifies a supplier with a scrap/rework rate that exceeds 10% of their work orders; a corrective action can be issued.
- VanAm Custom Manufacturing may also require specific actions where timely and/or effective corrective actions to a supplier issue(s) are not achieved. These actions may include but are not limited to any or all of the following: withholding payment until the issue is resolved, removal of the supplier from VanAm’s Approved Supplier List, and/or legal action.